Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins

Hi!  Off to kind of a late start to VeganMoFo, but better late than never, right?  I moved to Seattle almost three months ago, started school, started working, all while still adjusting to life here, so it's been kind of chaotic.  I hadn't baked anything in SO long, so last week I purchased all of the necceseties (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin, vanilla, etc.) so I could be ready to bake when the moment struck and I had some free time.

I decided to make these Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins from One Frugal Foodie.  I didn't have the gluten-free baking mix on hand and there were a few other modifications I made to the recipe.  They turned out really well!  The only problem I had was that the muffin liners didn't stick at all to the muffin & they were falling off.  I'm not sure if that was because of the coconut oil or just the liners I used, but next time I won't bother using them at all!

-I used 1 1/12 cups cornmeal & 1/2 cup WW pastry flour
-I used coconut oil for the oil
-I added 1/2 tsp each of baking powder & baking soda
-Omitted the xanthan gum
-Subbed almost 1/3 cup agave and finished it off with maple syrup for the sugar

I felt MUCH better after baking something, I truly felt whole again :)

Well, I just tried to upload a photo of my muffins and they have literally disappeared from my computer.  How come they show up in iPhoto but are no where to be found when I try to choose the file from iPhoto to upload?!?  Bummer, but instead I will leave you with a picture of one of the most beautiful places I have been so far in Seattle, Lake Serene.



No comments:

Post a Comment